Sunday, December 7, 2014

Jumping Jehoshaphat


Either I am getting old or my fall off the ladder last January was so traumatic that I was rendered amnesiac as to what I was doing on the ladder in the first place.  Just to go back to the beginning of this observation, all was calm on Friday morning as we prepared to start our Christmas baking and decorating the house for the festive season.  After making a lovely “statement floral arrangement” I wanted to put my Christmas angel on the buffet to counter balance the drama but do you think I could find my box of Santas and angel?  I searched high and low for 3 days, triple checking every rubber storage tub I had, crawled under beds, climbed up on ladders looking on shelves, including the one where I subsequently ended up finding the items!  I could see nothing because I was looking for a box.  This morning my brother looked up on my bedroom shelf and asked “what’s in those bags at the back” and a glimmer of a memory came back to me.

Ranting, raving, and feeling utterly baffled for three days now I feel relieved but also a little concerned, is old age catching up to me or can I put this on the fact that when we were cleaning up that shelf last year I ended up crashing off the ladder and whacked me knee so badly that I hobbled around for almost 10 months?  I’m kind of going with the latter but I can’t help being a little doubtful.

All I can recommend is “mark everything down and don’t, I repeat, don’t lose the list”!

No comments:

Post a Comment