Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Going Back to Square One


Yesterday I think I got hung up on too many labels.  Today I am going to think about my beliefs from a new perspective.
Things I believe in are fairness, honesty, and loyalty.  These are probably my three strongest beliefs, the ones that have grounded me throughout my life and ones that I don’t ever remember having been taught, they just were.  Along with these beliefs I believed in a good work ethic but I did learn very early in my working career that being a good worker, being fair, honest and loyal did not give me the highest raises or the best promotions.  From the beginning I held my beliefs were more important than the money, the promotion or the recognition so I suppose another belief I had was belief in my personal integrity.
In considering my beliefs I went back to my childhood and realized that one of my fundamental beliefs was in the invincibility of my parents.  I believed my parents knew everything about everything and the day my mother wasn’t home during lunch hour rocked my world.  My faith in my parents was complete and nothing anyone could say would ever have caused me to doubt my parents.  For that I am truly thankful as it gave me a foundation to build all other beliefs. 
My fundamental beliefs are the ones that built my character and contributed to what can be perceived as prudishness and/or priggishness.  It also made me into a Pollyanna-like person which was confirmed recently when I took a profile quiz that marked me as a “Believer”.  But my beliefs have also made it so that I can put my head on my pillow at night and I sleep like a baby.
I’m pretty sure this studying belief into character is not supposed to make a person pat themselves on the back but oh well, I believe I have the self-confidence to that.  J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment