Thursday, November 5, 2015

Henrietta's Performance Review


I sat the girls down yesterday and went over their performance review.  I praised them for being early producers and achieving optimal production in their first year.  I told them how friendly and attractive they are, admired by all comers.  But then I told them since they thought they now had seniority they were slacking off and that was just not acceptable.  They cocked their brown eyes at me, twisting their heads the better to see me and I could see their thought “she’s bluffing”.  They dusted up their feathers and walked away.  I spoke sternly “I am serious, the colonel is not that far away” but they kept on walking over to the other side of the run.
Hmm, now how do I get their performance back up.  The lights aren’t working, the cabbages aren’t working, the oyster shell isn’t working.  And today I discovered the problem.  The little beggars are eating their own eggs!
Well, now I am on the track of solving that problem.  I thought the oyster shell would curb any appetite they might have for their own eggs but apparently not.  So this morning I am searching for answers but so far, nothing helpful has popped up.
There’s always something!

No comments:

Post a Comment