Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Censoring Myself


I don’t like censoring myself but sometimes the better part of valour is to do just that.  There are a number of hot topics in the news right now but while I would dearly love to hop on the bandwagon and spout my beliefs I feel I am wiser to refrain.

Now you might ask “okay, where’s Sanne, what have you done with her?” but it really is me making this statement.

Why, you may ask?

The reason is that sometimes, I am sure, we all get sick of having others preach what is right, what is wrong, what should be done, what needs to be undone, and so on.  Opinions, we are all entitled to those, but not everyone ought to shoot off at the mouth on questions simply because the question du jour puts them in the spotlight.  I dislike American movie stars coming up to Canada telling us what we are doing wrong with our country.  Personally, I dislike anyone telling me what I am doing wrong but nationally I also take exception to strangers talking about our business if they aren’t specifically in that business.  I’m pretty sure that the folks over in the Middle East dislike westerners getting in their business; in fact, isn’t that one of the big reasons why we have all the turmoil in this world today?

So yes, today I am censoring myself because there are enough opinions flying around in the media to suffice on the topic of the day.

Instead, let’s talk about the weather.  Vanilla anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment