Monday, January 26, 2015

A Word About Purses

I like purses.  I am addicted to purses.  I have a lot of purses.  I cannot resist purses despite having a lot of purses.  Did I mention I like purses?
A well put together fashion shot should always have the woman in nice shoes and her hand should hold a fabulous purse.  It will catch my eye every single time.  I am one of those people who study a picture seven ways to sundown, whether it’s an interior design or a fashion plate.  I like to note the earrings, the bling, the shoe but give me a purse every time.  I’ve often said that my mother was the shoe addict and I complimented her by being the purse aficionado.  Not that I could always afford a great purse but I always looked at them.  Today I can afford to buy a nice purse although I am not a fan of paying for a name brand.  I look at the Coach purses and walk on by without purchasing as I think the price is ridiculous for what you get.
For every day I like a practical purse with lots of space, preferably more long than deep, lots of pockets on the inside and some on the outside (great for car keys on one side and bus pass or ticket on the other side).  Currently the fashion is to have a longer handle but not on a shoulder strap, easy to carry on the arm or lift under the arm, clutch style.  I like subtle metallic colours for flexibility with shoes or boots but also I really like a nice grey colour.  I am not crazy about black or brown and will gravitate more towards a tan with some accent colour.  In summer I like colour or straw or cream but I love a black and white swing bag.  Nautical or navy, oh please, I’ll have one too.
I go weak at the knees for a clutch purse in bright red, emerald green, cobalt blue or canary yellow.  Beads, gold or silver for evening, please let me sit down for a minute because I cannot decide which one I like best.  When will I use it?  Who cares, possession is nine tenths of the fashion law, isn’t it?
Did I mention that I have a weakness for purses?

No comments:

Post a Comment