Friday, September 16, 2016

Impassioned, is that a crime?


Sometimes we can get emotional, impassioned, say hasty things, get excited.  You know, put your foot in your mouth.  I think it is a rare human being who hasn’t wished to unsay something or other.  The difference is when a person says something thoughtless without intending any harm and the person who deliberately says something vengeful and only regrets it when repercussions occur.  I think you know who I mean but let’s skip that.
I like it when a person is passionate about something even if I may not agree with that particular subject or opinion.  At least that person is interested in something.  It is much more frustrating for me to deal with someone who shrugs their shoulders, who barely nods in a conversation and generally doesn’t open their mouth to give an opinion.  Tongue tied I can understand but sitting on a fence year after year on any topic that could be broached is beyond me.  I don’t understand people like that.  What are you afraid of?  Once you are an adult, you are allowed to speak up and who’s going to slap you?  In all my years of social interaction I have never since an instance of anyone being physically slapped down for opening their mouth (granted I have never really been in a bar or seen a bar fight).  Civilized people don’t hit other people.  So what are you afraid of?  Sounding stupid?  Who doesn’t sound stupid on occasion – we may not say anything but we all think it about such and so when they’ve said this or that.  But who are we to judge? 
People need to let go of their fears and they also need to stop judging those who say or do.  At least those people are not afraid of speaking up, doing something, letting things go and getting things done.
And tomorrow I am going to talk about Hillary Clinton.  Get ready.           

No comments:

Post a Comment