Sunday, February 19, 2017

Blue Noise


It’s been a crazy month since the inauguration of President Trump.  All the tweets, the media responses to the tweets, the executive orders and more media furor over the decisions is difficult enough to wade through but then social media goes stark raving mad.  I understand I am not the only one who is experiencing a form of battle fatigue with all this nonsense.  Hence the blogging went quiet for a while in order for me to sort through all this “experience”.
Ultimately I have come to the conclusion that minimizing social media access would be a positive step and avoiding comments as much as possible would be ideal.  Unfortunately I am not the sort of person that can let too much stupidity go unnoticed but I am now practicing mental biting of tongue.  I must say that I enjoyed hearing Dawna Friesen of Global News speak out for journalists in the days just following the inauguration where she explained that journalists had never had to tread through this territory before.  I’ve already lost track of what incident it was that caused the furor but it doesn’t really matter.  There’s been fodder every single day since he took office.  Can anyone imagine 4 years of this?
Having discussed the Blue Noise as I am calling it I hope I can avoid going down this path again at least for the foreseeable future!

No comments:

Post a Comment