Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Jumpstart my Jumpstart


You’ll recall that last year I took a 90 day course in jumpstarting my thinking.  This year I have been reviewing the book and my notes and was pleasantly surprised to actually see positive results from that “course”.  In reviewing my notes I saw that I had put down as my overarching goal “a quality retirement”.  When discussing this with friends they asked “but what is quality”?  Immediately I said “continuing to learn and staying active in old age”.
I have been somewhat nervous in making the commitment to start up an apiary but since I had mulled it over for so long I was able to visualize going to the next step and now I feel confident that I have made the right decision for me.  Friends were concerned that I would be taking on a lot of work “in retirement” but my vision of my retirement is not to be sitting in a rocking chair while reminiscing.  I want to be doing and since I love gardening and the outdoors this is a natural fit for me.
Finding things that make you happy for many years to come is vital if a person is going to have that “quality retirement”.  Sometimes ideas will come to you that you never saw yourself doing 10, 15 or 20 years ago but learning to jumpstart aspects of your thinking is amazing.  This step I have taken is in the “possibility thinking” niche and it is quite exciting.
Have you done your jumpstart yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment