Monday, October 23, 2017

Being Creative


Can you believe that being creative is hard work?  I have all these wonderful ideas but when I sit down at the craft table the ideas don’t always turn out the way I envisioned them.  But despite the “hard work” I just love sitting there and coming up with details, designs and more ideas.   
I think my time is coming when I can get back into something besides cut and paste (card making and scrapbooking).  I used to draw a lot; in fact when I was a teenager and in my early 20’s I spent a lot of free time in drawing and even some painting (although I have never been very good at painting I still love to dabble in it).  A few years ago I went to the Dollar Store and got finger-paints because I remember loving that in kindergarten!  It was really fun and I got paint all over myself just like a little kid. 

Remember after a rain how you’d go out in the mud and make mud pies?  I’m kind of feeling like that today but instead of mud pies I  will be splashing lots of water over my garden as I empty out my rain barrel for the winter.  Almost muddy but not quite.
Winter is quickly approaching so I have to get as much sunshine and fresh air as I can (chemo makes one extremely sensitive to cold, in fact it can choke a person up which is a very frightening experience).
So here’s to being creative and celebrating our inner child (which will come out).  J

No comments:

Post a Comment