Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Picture It

I’m groping for the brilliant idea I had this morning and coming up empty.  Do you ever have days when you wake up knowing you’ve just had an intense dream but even as you try to assemble your thoughts they have floated away in a cloud of grey mist.  There are days when I remind myself with a long list of tasks that I must do on the return trip but at the end of the day it’s all I can do to walk in the door and say hello.  With this sort of mind how is it possible that I retain a bit of hope that I can learn a new language, even if it is supposed to be the easiest one in the world.
       That’s right, I had my first Spanish lesson yesterday and by tomorrow I am hoping that I will still be able to remember how to count to ten!  We are supposed to write out lists in Spanish (once we progress to that level) and we are encouraged to study between classes.  However, I am terrified of forgetting my exercise book so I keep it at work.  Folks, I am between a rock and a hard place, to do my homework or to forget my book – what is a girl to do?
       Not grow old.  And here again, I have a dilemma because part of learning a new language is to prevent the mind from growing old.  Oh dear, I am starting to sound old as I ramble along.  What was I trying to tell my audience?
       Yes, picture where you put your cell phone tonight because in the morning you are going to need it to remind you to wake up and, what was that, smell the what?
       I hope you are enjoying entering your sixties!

No comments:

Post a Comment