Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Good Bye Last Day of Work



How many people have waited years and years and years to reach retirement, always hoping it will be Freedom 55 or even earlier but when the day comes they are never prepared.  This is definitely not the case for me since I’ve been preparing for at least 8 years, researching everything from finances to how to live to be 100.  I don’t think there are many people on the planet as well prepared for retirement as myself.

For the last week or so I have been moaning about the fact that I signed up for a seminar the very day of my First Day of Retirement.  Now however I am looking at it as a sign of how my retirement will look, always busy, always inquiring and exploring, active in various ways.  I must take after my father in that respect so I am very thankful for my excellent gene pool.

Enthusiasm aside it will nice to have some days to just sort through my mind and my rooms where I can make some plans for the future and get some sense of the new normal.  It is going to be a lot of fun to be my own boss.  Period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment