Monday, August 10, 2015

Weather Report

In a word- hot.

I reflect on Mark Twain's little story about the weather but as it is part of the modern human intercourse to not only talk about the weather  but to constantly complain about it I shall continue my monologue.  Yesterday I innocently followed my friend  out the door on a market expedition little knowing that the thermostat was shooting up to 40 degrees centigrade. I do not recall ever being in such strong heat before, not even when  I was in Cuba  or Ecuador.  It is not particularly humid, this heat, until after the rain but you are not guarantee a cooling rain every day.

My friend says this is an unusually hot summer and lucky for me both the car and the apartment is air conditioned or I would be in deep trouble.  The band of heat is across this latitude of Europe but does not extend up into Denmark which is experiencing a cool summer.  My hope is that the contrast in the weather won't cause me to end up with a cold!

But hey, who needs to worry when one is not only on vacation but RETIRED.

No comments:

Post a Comment