Saturday, September 8, 2012

Jetting to Romanceville

I’m up, packed and ready to take the long trek to the airport and then whoosh, landing in Kitchener, Ontario for a week of fun and games with my sister!  For the first time in my life I packed at the last minute but definitely not lighter than at any other time in my travelling career.
       I am not sure what compels a woman to pack her life in her suitcase but I have yet to meet the woman who doesn’t overpack.  In our hearts we know we are going to be wearing our favorite jeans and rattiest t-shirt (well perhaps a nicer t-shirt) and it’s almost certain we will not don a dress or the high heels that are squeezed into the corners of the luggage.  But we do it anyway.  I think perhaps we expect our little adventure to turn into a romantic comedy, you know, like Meg Ryan in “French Kiss”.  Oh yeah, to be swept into vineyards with a romantic care-for-nobody like Kevin Klein  . . . ok, ok, I am stretching it a little.  How about that gorgeous hunk of yore, William Smith?  Ah huh.
       The exciting thing about a vacation, however, is what YOU make of it.  In the end, I am never disappointed because I have a great sense of humour and can make a story out of anything.  Or so I fondly remind myself.  And so I pack the jewelry, the evening bag, the heels and the glitz because somewhere out there, there is a story that’s going to be told, if not lived.
       Harlequin Romance, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment