Sunday, September 30, 2012

Nature Notes

We have had a truly classic autumn weekend, with the sound of leaves crashing down through the branches onto the yellowing grass.  The weather has been incredibly mild with little wind rising throughout the day.  I’ve been able to enjoy morning walks to the sound of deer romping on the other side of the trees and bushes.  Yesterday evening Mom and I watched a male pheasant strut across the lawn in divine unconsciousness of imminent hunting season.  We are waiting for Mother Nature’s shoe to drop.
       The magazines on the newsstands are loaded with pictures of pumpkins and turkeys as Canada gears up for the big Thanksgiving weekend.  When we went through the huge produce department at our local grocery store I thought how lucky we were to be living in a country where there never seems to be a lack of food of every description, from fruits and vegetables, to meat of almost anything we can imagine, to dairy products and packaged goods.  Even better, we are able to afford purchasing these goods before our eyes.  Not everyone can say that, so I count myself lucky.
       I know it’s too early to say Thank you for all this plenty, but I’m feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment