Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Weekend

I’d like to say that spring has sprung but unfortunately the forecast is calling for a snow/rain mix on Easter Sunday but the last few days have been so glorious that one is fooled into believing the impossible.  Yesterday I pulled out all the deck furniture and even put out the cushions so we could sit and bask in the sunshine (and pssst, no wind).  Gorgeous.
       But as so often happens at the most inopportune time our kitchen sink tap broke while we were waiting for all our guests to arrive for an Easter supper.  I mulled with the idea of serving on paper plates but my heart wasn’t in it.  How can you decorate a nice table with plain white paper plates?  I suppose it could be done but that’s just not me.  This is a special day in the calendar and proper china is necessary.  So we improvised like true pioneers and washed up in the laundry room.  Ah, so you are wondering “why doesn’t she have a dishwasher”?  Well, I do but it’s one of those old fashioned ones that you have to pull out and screw into the tap so even if I had wanted to use the dishwasher (which I never use) it wouldn’t have worked.
       There were only six of us but that didn’t stop the conversation(s) into morphing into 3 separate conversations several times during the course of the evening.  I’d have to steer my unruly group back which would sometimes take 10 minutes at a stretch.  It was fun, it amused and it annoyed all at the same time.  The roundtable question was “would you fight if Canada was at war” and then it was “pick me, pick me” to start the round.  Interesting answers and not always what I expected from the individuals.  We can learn a lot from our own family members when we throw out a hot topic and let it land in the middle of the room.
       I never got to ask my second question because the first kept on going.  The second one, “would you have tried to save Jesus”?  That will have to wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment