Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hoarding Time



As I drove home from my appointment yesterday afternoon I was attempting to analyze my feelings and the phrase “hoarding time” came to mind.  In particular what I was doing during the 15 years when I was commuting to Calgary I was hoarding my personal time.  What I mean by that is that I felt I had to restrict my social activities in order to have time for myself so naturally that resulted in a very narrow time frame to do things on the spur of the moment.

Yesterday even though I had an appointment and a date I never once felt any pressure to rush the experiences, I simply felt relaxed.  What an amazing way to feel.

I had lunch with another retiree newbie and was collecting valuable information from her since she is about 6 months ahead of me in experience.  Despite all the research there is still a lot of information to collect and learn.  One of the big pieces of information is that the government wheels turn slowly and very ineffectively (which shouldn’t be a surprise but is still very frustrating).  Copy everything and follow up, follow up, follow up.  It’s almost a mini-job to get your pension or even information from them.

As for what’s happened on Day 2, well I actually was able to “sleep in”, continued on my new exercise regime, “commuted” down to the chicken house to care for the hens, had mid-morning coffee with Mom, lunch with my sister, drove to High River where Mom and I took a walk around their park and then cruised home in leisurely fashion to have afternoon coffee.  Just a great, easy tempo for the first week – but wait until I tell you more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment