Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Practical Steps


While the days are particularly hot I have been studying via the Internet on my hobby of gardening.  What a fantastic tool at one’s fingertips.

How to grow asparagus, when to water a bougainvillea, should a fuchsia be in the shade or have plenty of sunlight? What plants attract butterflies and which plants should go next to each other?  I have realized that my memorization skills are not what they used to be and I am not completely sure why that is.
Fortunately we have “Favorites” available on the computer although I have not mastered the skill of organizing them in a proper filing system (is there a way?).  Occasionally if I know that I will definitely reference the information more than once in the season I will print the information off and put it in my notebook so it’s handy (then I just have to find the notebook).  Yes, it’s very true, in retirement a person quickly loses some of the skills that were her bread and butter in her working days.  This may be due in great part to too many projects happening one after the other so a girl cannot look about her without finding a pile of paper everywhere.  What happened to the “handle every paper only once” philosophy so handy during the working day?  I really cannot say.
So my friends, I have no words of advice on how to stay organized.  If anyone has that nailed down, do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment