Saturday, June 13, 2015

Slamming People


It’s a rare thing to find someone who doesn’t say something about another person in a negative way, at some point in their lives.  So who am I to throw the first stone?
As one gets older, however, one prefers not to speak ill of others.  For one thing, it’s simply just the right thing to do.  It’s also politically correct if you are working as a professional.  It’s much better to just let people be and if you are really in disagreement with who they are, why not just avoid them and be done with that dose of negativity?
I’m not a fan of reality shows, I dislike people being mean to each other.  I don’t like people making fun of people on the Red Carpet, I just think being mean in public is as low as you can go.
Now I come to the point.  Are we reverting back to the days before the 1993 election when the PCs began running campaigns featuring Jean Chretien’s distorted face?  What on earth are they thinking by running an ad mocking Justin Trudeau?  I simply could not believe what I was hearing and seeing.  Are we going as low in politics as the American campaigns where you simply don’t know who is running except to NOT vote for that one or the other? 
When a party begins a campaign by slamming the other candidates rather than running on their record, the current issues, and their model for the future, well, I would say it’s a sign that the party is in desperate trouble.  Remember the 1993 results?  The PCs were demolished.  Is this déjà vu?

No comments:

Post a Comment