Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Store Conspiracy


I like to shop.  Even if I am just “window shopping” I enjoy looking at stuff.  Believe it or not I am not a huge clothes shopper although when I am in the mood I can really enjoy myself and have a lot of fun trying on outfits.  But what I really enjoy looking at is home and garden décor.  My family has declared that I don’t need any more knick knacks but what do they know?  In any event, I like looking.
But I have a pet peeve, in fact it is beyond a pet peeve.  Why, oh why, do stores insist on putting the price sticker of a frame on the glass?  Seriously I have never yet bought a frame that didn’t have the sticker glued by Hercules onto the glass.  Every other product appears to be nicely priced on the bottom or back.  What gives with a frame?  I think there is some serious passive aggressive marketing going on there.  The guys in the back room probably do the frames last because there are so many of them and they are so fragile.  It’s the end of the day and they decide they are going to stick it to all those fussy customers and bam, the price gun goes down on the glass.  Wham, let’s give it a good firm rub while we are at it so that the customer will break her fingernails trying to tear it off.  An extra good press and she will only tear off the paper, the glue will stay there, nice and stuck.  Hahaha, won’t she have a time getting that off?  I hope she cracks the glass scrubbing it off.
What the heck did the customer do to deserve this bitterness?  I feel that I am going to have to write a letter to the President of Homesense to give their stock boys sensitivity training.  This is just not right.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment