Saturday, April 27, 2019

Pets and Girlfriends


Yesterday I talked about music and how important it is for the soul. Today I am sitting here in the office and Thumper is curled up in the secretary’s chair while Cherie sits in the doorway contemplating my every mood. Over the last week I have had visits and phone calls from girlfriends and I can gratefully say “my cup runneth over”.
My two boys (that would be Thumper and Cherie) sleep with me every night. Before I tell them to go down to my “footsies” they have the privilege of laying up close to my face while I pet the two little peas in the pod and speak inanities to them. They naturally believe the words are pearls of wisdom from their mama and as I stroke about their ears, neck and chin they purr their contentment. While I may be giving them pleasure and happiness my own soul is filled with peace and its own happiness in their companionship.
Then I think about the nice visit I had with one girlfriend and the pleasant conversations I had with a couple of other friends and I smile in even more happiness. A person can be content with their own company and for those who find that impossible I have a great deal of sympathy however I have come to realize with every year that passes that friendships are incredibly important to our well being. Being the oldest of six when I was young I always felt that I could never get enough of solitude since it was such a scarce commodity in our house! Different circumstances and different phases of our lives means alteration in our needs.
Stay tuned to what your soul is thirsting for and find ways to assuage it. A word from the wise (she chuckles).

No comments:

Post a Comment