Sunday, December 4, 2011

Snow snow snow

My goodness but I have had an exhausting morning; I woke at 5:30 and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in bed reading Mrs. Gaskell’s last novel “Wives & Daughters” and finally got up to let the critters out for a run.  I was startled to discover a young owl in my scotch pine right outside the sunroom so ran back to take some pictures, none very good but here you see the young fellow. 
  Upon letting first Thumper and then Cherie out; both of who turned around as soon as they had done their duty; I realized it was time to go out to shovel the driveway.  Keeping in mind that I am no longer a spring chicken I took it slow and steady, at least as slow and steady as I am capable of doing, which is not much.  I like to get things over with unless it’s a good book.  I came in soaking wet as it was still snowing outside.  It actually looks very pretty and as there was no wind it was quite a pleasant exercise for me.
            I had planned to do my steady writing but at the moment I feel too tired to concentrate on anything but this fluff writing! 
            But I also post a picture of footprints I took yesterday while I was taking my walk around the property.  I suspect they belong to a badger and once discovered I trod very softly around the outskirts as I did not want to disturb the critter if he was residing on my place.  When Erik was over for dinner last night he scared me by saying possibly it could be a wolverine.  I don’t know which I am more scared of as they both have a reputation for being irritable and aggressive creatures.
            I think this is a day to stay cozy and comfy in the house with some hot chocolate and a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment