Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Goodbye to Nora Ephron

Nora Ephron was a wonderful romantic comedy writer and one of my all time favorites is “You’ve Got Mail”.  I think Nora put all her favorite quotes and thoughts into Kathleen Kelly and she is one of the most delightful characters in romantic comedy history.  Nora also did a brilliant job in screenwriting “Julie & Julia” and Meryl Streep’s rendition of Julia Child is nothing short of amazing.  How many people have gone to the Empire State Building hoping to see a romantic pairing such as happened in “Sleepless in Seattle”?
       I envy Nora her razor sharp wit and undeniable writing ability.  It’s a sad loss her passing away yesterday.   Leafing through her last book “I Remember Nothing” makes me laugh as much as the first reading.  Here’s looking at you, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment