Monday, June 18, 2012

Vacation Mode

June is always an unpredictable month and yet it is a lovely time of year so I decided to go out on a limb and take a week of vacation.  The plan is to work hard around the place but I have to say that the energy level just isn’t what it used to be.  When I read Richard Simmons’ blog and see what he does every single day I have to question why I can’t be more like him.  In order to get energy one must pull a little energy out by sheer willpower and build upon.  I know this simply by forcing myself on the treadmill, once the exercise is completed I definitely feel energized and ready for more.  It’s that difficult first step.
       So much of what we do is based on our brains, on how we think and the effort we put into our endeavour.  Yesterday my sister asked me “Are you happy?  Do you feel content with your life?”  I answered in the affirmative (no surprise there) but then she asked me about my friends, if I thought they were happy and fulfilled.  I had to think and consider a little while she continued to tell me that she thought most people were not.  I thought it was a very interesting observation on her part as it was obvious she had been thinking about this for quite a long time.  I think happiness can be a transient state for most people.  Perhaps a better way of looking at people is not to think whether they are happy or unhappy but rather whether they are an optimist or a pessimist.  Overall I think most people are probably pessimists but whether they are born that way or life has made them so I cannot tell.
       To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment