Monday, June 4, 2012

Intense Feelings

Watching this crime show “Prison Break” we wonder aloud if people can really be that mean, cruel and double crossing as the show displays.  At the same time, we wonder how the good guys continue to make the mistake of trusting people.  Don’t they know that it is inevitable that the crooks will always stay crooks and there will never be any loyalty amount thieves (read crooks)?
       So I suppose we answer our own questions!
       On the one hand I do believe that “from people, expect the worst” but at the same time, I truly believe that good will always triumph in the end, even if it means only to the person who does the good.  This is part of my dual nature I suppose.  Usually though, I do find people in real life tend to be decent and honest and inclined to do the right thing.  I suppose I am fortunate to be in a circle that behaves in such a way, whether it is my friends or my colleagues.  In fact, I haven’t crossed paths with many rapscallions in my lifetime and that, as Martha says “is a good thing”.
       I also have  a good though wicked sense of humour.  I told Mom that if it was me in the car with Linc and Michael I would have tossed the father’s body out into the road and continued driving towards the plane.  Mom couldn’t stop laughing.  But it’s quite true, I don’t find a dead body very sacred.  That made her laugh even more.  I’m kind of practical when it comes to life and death.  Once you’re dead, you are dead and the body doesn’t mean anything.  Here are these desperate criminals burying their father with rocks (give me a break, do you know how long it takes to lug all those rocks to cover a body?  A LONG TIME) when time is of the essence.  And don’t they realize that the shot Mexican is going to hand them over the first chance they have?  Good grief . . . Americans and their funerals!

No comments:

Post a Comment