Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oscar Buzz . . . again


This year I found myself bored by all the award shows which seemed to be coming up every darn weekend since before Christmas.  It can be really tiring to see these uber type A’s patting themselves on the back so publicly.  But now the big weekend is upon us and of course I cannot help wondering Who Will Win?  I have the audacity to make my picks despite not having seen even one of the movies yet but heck why be shy about it?  I am confident that I can make my picks with just as much aplomb as the jerk critic who wrote “the disappointing It’s Complicated” while writing about Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin’s stint as hosts of the Oscars.  Not sure what planet he is from but this was a highly successful, and quite hilarious, movie.

       Best Movie – Lincoln

Best Director – Spielberg  (although there is an off chance that Zero Dark Thirty and Kathryn Bigelow could grab both).

Best Actor – Daniel Day-Lewis (although I think Joaquin Phoenix should get it for not getting it as Johnny Cash – that performance was outstanding)

Best Actress – Jessica Chastain (I know they are saying Jennifer Lawrence is odds on favourite but I’m saying not yet)

Best Supporting Actress – Sally Field (yes I know everyone is saying Anne Hathaway)

Best Supporting Actor –  Robert de Niro

In the supporting categories I find that rarely is it easy for anyone to make the winning choice so I am picking my favorites. 

      To be honest after all these years of watching the Oscars I find myself not caring very much who wins.  The most exciting part of the show this year will be hearing Adele sing her song from “Skyfall”.  And looking at the dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment