Friday, April 1, 2016

One Month Sabbatical


I decided to take a month off my writing so that I could recharge my brain batteries but I do not promise anything terribly new or exciting this month despite my high hopes of being “quiet” for a while.
Here we are three months into 2016 and I still feel a moment of shock when I look at that date.  One hundred years ago the world was at war, women were kicking into high gear for their rights and more children and young people were being educated as never before.  Today we have a global war on terrorism (they tell us), women are still typically underpaid in the workforce and now students with college degrees are still finding it difficult to find jobs.  The more the world changes the more it stays the same if we are talking about practical matters.
For sure we have made incredibly strides in technology which is almost impossible to keep abreast of and yes, if I was asked when I would like to live on this planet, it would still be today.  But when evaluating humanity and our so called progress I find that we are really not any further ahead than we were not only one hundred years ago but even further back.  In some respects I would say we might even have regressed (when it comes to principles and moral high ground).
I didn’t want to write something depressing for my first return back from sabbatical but I thought I would just lay it out there and get it out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment