Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Be Kind


Can you believe that my last words were “be kind” and then what happens in the world? A mass shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand and another attack in the Netherlands? Not to mention the insanity spewing from Individual One.

We are living in a crazy time and a crazy world. To be honest I have no words to express my feelings on this.

Today I had to long conversations with my two best friends, Ninette and Silvia. Life is chaos sometimes but thank God we have each other to talk to and commiserate with. Not to mention all my other good friends and I literally go down on my knees in gratitude that I have the absolute best mother and siblings (and sweet sister-in-law) in the whole world. My nieces and nephews, and the great nephews are such a blessing and a joy to me, I cannot tell you.

When I talk to my friends they always say “it could be worse (for them), look what you are going through” but I always feel embarrassed by that – I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me because I don’t feel sorry for myself. Life has handed me a terrible card but that is the way it is. I am just so grateful that I have a resilient, stoic mind and a heritage of strong people in my DNA. I do not take credit for myself, it seems to be a natural thing and as I say, I am just so very blessed with the support and love that I receive every day from family and friends.

I wish I could use my blood and my psyche to cure the sick people in the world of their mental illness that includes such hate for innocent people. I cannot understand it. But hating these criminals is not the way to cure them as I saw on an interview early this morning. This person was cured of his own hate by the love shown to him by one of those he sought to harm. Thirty years later he is still working on helping others out of their hate.

I guess we always need to look at the people around us and encourage them to talk to us and let their loneliness be abated with kindness and thoughtfulness.

Now I am rambling. Suffice to say – my cup runneth over!

No comments:

Post a Comment