Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Real Life


We are having both provincial and federal elections this year. The provincial one has been ramped up for a few weeks now and I am already (no surprise to anyone) cheesed off with the bias of media. It is beyond enough when so-called journalists wrinkle their nose when they speak about the NDP or Rachel Notley (so much so that I really want to slap their face). That is just the beginning; then we have the silence and shutout of the NDP while they give free airspace to that flipping (and I am being super polite and restrained here) lying asshole who shall remain nameless (no free airspace for him).

Yes, I get caught up in my politics, no question. I have always been passionate and engaged in politics, a true family legacy. When my brothers come around the roof almost rises with the raised voices and an outsider may actually believe that we are arguing and fighting while all the time we are virtually agreeing with each other. We are enjoying ourselves to the max. I recall once having a rip-roaring discussion with the husband of a friend (and actually I consider the husband a friend also J ), we were not agreeing with each other but we were having a really good time arguing. Marie came out thinking that I was being beleaguered and I grinned at her and said “Pshaw Marie, you never met my dad, Paul is an amateur beside him!” and then turned back to continue our “discussion”. Ah, good times!
To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment