Friday, March 1, 2019

Cars are not Toys


I feel like I have to air a pet peeve. I cannot stand all these car commercials where they make out like the car is a toy to be driven in idiotic ways. One last year had the “owners” watching their cars twirling around in the mud and they were looking as though they were in a corral and making exchange about how cute they looked. Well, cars are not horses or puppies, they are a lethal machine that, if not respected, can kill people. Currently they are running two ads that I loathe; the one is about the woman who can drive her vehicle through thick and thin to get a stupid cup of coffee and the other one is about a blind man who is going to lead the car to some secret path. Yeah, like that is real and responsible.
I have a lot of respect for a vehicle, so much so that I have chosen NOT to drive anymore because I am so concerned about possibly killing a pedestrian because my cognitive ability and my reflexes may not be up to par. This was my decision and not something that the police or medical professional asked me to do – and done solely as a concern to my fellow human beings. God forbid that I should somehow injure someone. I cannot tell you how grateful I am that my brother has supported my decision and is willing to be my chauffeur.
I am not saying this to make myself out as some sort of hero but only to make people aware that cars are to be respected, not played with. It’s a terrible comment on our society that I even have to bring up this topic to ADULTS.
Sitting in the place I am in now, knowing that my days may be numbered, I find it very hard to understand how others want to live life in a state of extreme “excitement”. And no, I am not going to feel sorry for you if you end up dead or paralyzed because I have behaved like a moron.

And that’s all I’ve got to say about that . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment