Thursday, February 28, 2019

Political Pundits' Stupidity


I happened to look at a video of Rachel Notley making some comments about the Red Deer Hospital and the need for funding to upgrade and made the mistake of reading the comments below the article. There were 20 comments and only one was positive. The other comments showed the absolute ignorance of the writers not only about the positive benefits that have occurred over the last four years but also about the history of the previous 44 year regime of the Conservatives. Their legacy is appalling and Kenney’s plans are more of the same – regressive politics and spending, punitive measures to those who can least afford it (youth and service industry workers).
But what should I care since these idiots are only shooting themselves not in the foot but in their heads. Can anyone point out to me what the average person has gained through the Conservative government? The tax breaks have not come to the individual but to corporations and if you think that has meant more hiring you are in error once again.
People are complaining about the carbon tax but what you end up paying with this tax is minimal compared with Kenney’s promise to bring back health care fees. Gee, what would I rather pay – a tax that I can control via my consumption of natural gas or a fixed monthly fee of $50 for health care? Now that fixed fee would be $600 / year . . . my carbon tax works out to about $250 / year . . . but wait, I actually get all of that back because I am retired and therefore low income.
Just a tiny lesson on COSTS . . .
Sorry but I am a little incensed by these jerks’ comments – I decided to edit myself as I didn’t want to fall to their level.

No comments:

Post a Comment