Monday, February 18, 2019

Positive Reinforcement


Even the most positive of folks (that would include me) needs a boost now and then. Here in my office I have one bookshelf dedicated to self-help, self-improvement, spirituality, creativity and daybook inspirations along with some odd sod reading. On the other book shelf I have my classic books and childhood reads and THEN I have a small stack of extra books that haven’t found their way to the bookshelves in the basement. The reason for the delay is the shelves have not been put back up after the flood last year. I am really starting to get anxious about those repairs which I sincerely hope will happen soon.
The good news is that John’s arthritis woes seem to be abating and he thinks it is in large part to his refraining from eating red meat. Instead he has been eating a lot of seafood and a little bit of chicken. Apparently red meat is very inflammatory (good to know, eh?). The new Canada Food Guide suggests that folks should eat less meat overall and more plant based foods to stay healthy and avoid obesity. Apparently some farmers are quite upset about the new guidelines because their bottom line may be affected. Hmm, is this another one of those teachable moments like “Let’s Talk about Being Selfish”? I remember reading those books to my nieces and nephews when they were little. It would appear that grown-ups didn’t get the message loud and clear.
But I digress from the need for positive reinforcement! I have rediscovered Christiane Northrup’s “Making Life Easy” which has a lot of instruction on health as well as tapping into the Divine. I’ve put that one back on my night table for morning reading. I am preparing myself already for when I start my Palliative Care counselling (which I hope will start next week). Yep, I am a keener!
I will keep you posted on this progress but at the same time I don’t want to burden my readers with too much of the “hard stuff”.  That said, I am doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment