Thursday, February 21, 2019

Denmark, World War II and Xenophobia


The other day John mentioned a program he had watched which mentioned that there was a Danish outfit of SS, a fact which shocked me. I have looked for more information on Danes involved in the SS via Google but have not found anything which gives numbers – as I recall John said there were about 6,000.  It’s not a lot but it’s still a lot more than I had any idea of.
As a Dane I have taken pride in Denmark’s role in rescuing their Jews and I have often cited the book “Countrymen” by Bo Lindgaard as a definitive work on this matter. But as the old Proverb says “Pride goeth before a fall”. I write this forward so you can see where my mindset is; I feel that I am a very tolerant and understanding person who does not want to discriminate against a people.
I can, however, be judgmental on an individual level against persons and to that end I would like to give you my take on this Shamima Begum.  I have seen several interviews with her and I have listened to political discussions regarding her. My take is that she is radicalized, has no remorse and is in fact a danger to her native born country. I feel that the British Government has done the correct thing in denying her entry into the UK since I believe she has the potential to radicalize others and cause trouble inside the UK. I listened very carefully to two experts who were on Amanpour & Co. last night and their consensus was that she was indeed a danger to the UK.
So how can a 19 year old woman be a danger . . . well, she says herself that she was fully cognizant of what she was getting into when she left the UK at age 15 to marry an ISIS fighter and in the interview she says the bombing in Manchester was no different that the women and children being bombed in Syria. I found when listening and looking at her that she had zero empathy for the Brits, and I mean ZERO EMPATHY. To me that is a big red flag that says this woman has no feelings except those in which she has become immersed in through the radicalization process. I am by no means and expert on this, but I am very good at reading people and I feel certain that she is a definite danger.
I feel very sad that there are many people like Shamima out there who may never recover their sanity and empathy for ALL PEOPLE.
I really cannot say what is going to become of our world in this cesspool of xenophobia and refusal to understand or even listen to each other. It is worrisome, sad and wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment