Monday, February 25, 2019

Talk About What You Are Learning


I got a little pamphlet from Blue Cross a couple of weeks ago and I finally had some leisure time to read it. On one of the last pages there was a little note that said:
“Sharing what you’re learning not only reinforces the knowledge, but can also make a really interesting conversation. Taking the time to reflect on how you’re feeling and connecting with others will help you improve your overall well-being.”
As well there was another “Habits of connection” which said that every morning one should take 10 minutes to learn something new. “By building this habit into your morning routine, you start the day a little wiser and with an open mind.”
I am no slouch at talking in general and I often share my tidbits of new thoughts, ideas and philosophies as I go through my daily routine. Mom and John are probably the biggest beneficiaries of these moments but as my readers know I end up blogging about a lot of these things as well.

The worst thing anyone can do for themselves is to have a closed mind and be unreceptive to new ideas, thoughts or even conversation. On the other hand “when you connect with others in order to broaden your mind, learning becomes a lifestyle.” (Another quote from the last page of the Blue Cross pamphlet).
Mom also got the same pamphlet and she asked ‘what do I have to do with this?’ and I said ‘read it, that’s all you have to do’. I suspect that this did not happen so I am going to put it on her pillow tonight in order to raise the red flag. I am also sending out the red flag to my readers . . . ensure that you learn at least one thing every day, however tiny that one thing may be!
·         YouTube a recipe, technique for cooking (like say an omelette) or other learning lesson
·         Pinterest has great ideas for making mini gardens, cards, scrapbooks, all types of art, knitting, sewing, etc. There is bound to be something here to pique your interest
·         Read, read, read – whether it’s a magazine or a book, reading will always teach you something
·         Watching documentaries, nature channel, news, parliament news or even a blooming soap opera – if you have an open mind you will always learn something new
·         Listening to different types of music also opens up the mind
·         Meditation – open up your mind by being still, you will be amazed at what is inside yourself
·         Talk to your friends and family – the social interaction IS SO IMPORTANT – pick up the phone because someone is sure to be glad to hear from you
·         Stay positive and active

No comments:

Post a Comment