Monday, February 4, 2019

Braving the Cold


We are having a bitter cold snap after a relatively mild winter but so far we haven’t had a big dump of snow which makes me grateful. I am able to plod out to my Henriettas, give them water, feed and treats and then relax for the rest of the day knowing they are warm and cozy. Mom is too old and fragile to be doing any chores so despite having a lot of back pain still I am able to do the chores.

I am anxious about my bees and truly hope that they will survive this cold snap. They managed to survive last year but they were wrapped up snuggly and this year John did not get it all done and his rheumatism makes it difficult for him to walk the length of the acreage to finish it up. I can only hope for the best for my little honey bees.
As for the rest of my world I anxiously hope that all my friends and family are safe off the roads. I was talking to little bro Erik the other night and he said that he is “so over driving” where once he didn’t mind going hither and yon now he just wants a quiet life in the slow lane. I hear you little bro, it’s been my mantra for quite some time!
Stay warm and safe my dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment