Sunday, February 17, 2019

Freezing Weather Go Away!


Oh my goodness but I am getting awfully tired of this weather! It’s been more than three weeks of this grueling, cold weather and my poor hens are looking at me in consternation “what is up with this being locked in”?  I think that is the hardest part for me, feeling sorry that the hens cannot possibly venture out in this weather but also the fact that I am hauling so much water out to them because even in the chicken coop it is freezing up the water. I haul the water, extra seed and as much greens as I can carry for the poor girls.
If it wasn’t for the hens I wouldn’t care half so much but there it is; I am like my great grandmother Ane Kristine who actually would wipe her geese’s beaks for them. I am just a really strong nature lover!
I have been busy with my card making and if my camera would cooperate more (or I would be more diligent in learning its intricacies) I would post some of the examples – we will see what happens in the next day on that score. Right now I am on my way out to the back sunroom to do some more creative work. It certainly helps to have this hobby not only in this horrid weather but to keep my mind off my symptoms.
I’m not a hypochondriac but there is no getting away from it; every twinge I feel in my back I think “was that a muscle spasm or the tumour?” I confess, it is hard to deal with but I continue to stay positive and optimistic because the alternative does not bear thinking about!
Mom is making ølebrød which is a breakfast style porridge made out of dark Danish ryebread. It’s a favorite of mine and she is using real non-alcoholic øl (ale). That will be our brunch today, just what the doctor ordered for this weather. And later I think I will take out “On the Shores of Silver Lake” to read since I’ve already read “The Long Winter” this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment