Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Critters Know Things


In my crisis the other night I was cognizant enough to know that my three cats were all very anxious about the situation. Thumper was putting his little paw on my cheek, Cherie was watching me with his anxious, compassionate eyes and even little Kitsy was looking at me with anxiety. She knew something was not right.
People often discount cats’ compassion for their mistress and seem to think dogs are the only ones that “know” things. It isn’t so and my critters are exceptionally bright and loyal. My boys have been with me since birth (they are 15 ½ years old) and little Kitsy has been with me for three years and is so loyal and good and smart. She knows immediately when I am ready to go do my chores and I hardly have to say “let’s do the chores” when she is standing at the door waiting for me to open it up. She trots down behind me to the chicken house, roams about the area while I feed the hens and then heads back to the house with me when we are done.
In the summertime Kitsy will speed around the yard, frolicking after the chores and stays outside to do her hunting.  The boys watch her in some awe I think as she is so full of energy while they are calmer and more steady in their employment. Thumper trots off to the Lodge (the big woodpile behind the chicken house) and Cherie goes under the pergola to mouse.
It’s just routine critter behaviour but Mom and I love to watch them in their various Acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment