Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Trucking On


As promised I want to give you an update on my 3 days into the new cancer treatment I am receiving. It works out to 8 pills a day (4 in the morning, one hour after breakfast and 4 after supper). The most common side effects are diarrhea, vomiting and / or fatigue. Others include rash, sore throat and mouth cankers.
So far I have not experienced anything in the way of the side effects they have mentioned.
I feel very lucky but several times a day I think about (and feel) the pain in my right side and ask the Good Lord to make the cancer go away either by remission or through this drug. I use all my positive thinking to push my little red and white blood cells to do their powerful work in combating this disease.
Staying positive and strong and using all the tools I know about may sound strange and hopeless to some folks but I truly believe that it all helps. The proof is in those who I know who have survived like my friend Wallace. Conversely my best friend’s brother died very quickly after being diagnosed because he completely gave up the fight. Well, I am not going to do that. I will be here for as long as the Good Lord will allow me to be . . . with my own positive beliefs assisting Him. 
Keep on truckin’ my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment