Thursday, February 14, 2019

Onwards and Upwards


Okay so the results were not as great as I would have liked but with the new treatment plus the palliative counselling I am sure that I have a good handle on this next phase and of course I will continue with the Good Fight (now wasn’t that the sequel to The Good Wife?).  Essentially the chemo treatments may have been slowing down the cancer growth but the growth is still happening so they are putting me on some pills which have proven results in fighting the cancer.  I was given 3 options and chose the second one – I had been given the option a year ago but it was still experimental and had no results. A year later they have very positive results so that is the one I chose.  The third option was experimental and I got the sense that one of the internal options of that was I could possibly be getting a placebo. No thank you, I am not playing Russian roulette with my life, it is too precious to me. J
So my friends, keep sending positive waves my way and I promise to keep on fighting and directing my little white blood cells to the cancer!

Nice segue into talking about detectives (you know, Hercule and his “little grey cells”!)
We have been enjoying the show “Hetty Winthrop Investigates” with Patricia Routledge; we enjoyed her as Hyacinth Bucket in “Keeping Up Appearance” but I think I like her better as the detective.  She is amusing in a quiet way, not so over the top.
We also enjoy our Sunday night fix of “Monk” who I think is one of the best things in detective shows; he is unusual and the stories are very well put together. I’ve always liked “Murder She Wrote” but we are seeing them for the 5th or 6th time now so I would love it if they came up with a prequel to the show. It would be great to see Jessica as a young teacher and us seeing her husband Frank. Instead of murders she would be solving oddities within the classroom and perhaps in the family situations.  I think it would be a terrific show if the writers were good.  I’ve thought this for a long time – the young Jessica story.
My love of detectives probably began with my reading Nancy Drew along with some of the early detective shows like “Honey West” (Anne Francis I think was the star of that one, she had a cheetah for a pet, so cool).
And that’s about it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment