Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Grace and Gratitude


Thus begins 21 days of meditation, finding grace through gratitude. Often I feel that it takes me several days of meditation to get the true thread of the theme of each meditation. “All good things bring gratitude” is self-evident, one would assume yet how often do we receive things, say thank you and then forget about it. The feeling of gratitude barely touches us. Is that because we are so rushed to get on with the next thing or is it because we don’t actually feel gratitude?
It is a staggering sensation to have to wonder about our emotional centre, to wonder if we are somehow depraved in that regard! This is one of the reasons why I am truly grateful that Oprah and Deepak offer free 21 day meditations approximately 3 or 4 times a year. Currently we are working on Grace through Gratitude but in the past we have touched on Belief, Light, Fulfillment, Peace, Hope, Desire and Energy. And those are only the ones that I took notes on!
Some kernels of wisdom from the past “begin to harness the power of belief to heal the past and bring forward a future of wholeness and fulfillment”, “once we believe in ourselves we can believe in wonder and spontaneous delight”, “I am in harmony with myself” and “I am never stuck when I live in the present”.
And this last is really how one should live their life – in the Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment