Monday, March 4, 2019

Integrity - where art thou?


I will tell you where it isn’t – in our Prime Minister and the Liberal party. I lost respect for him last year when he threw the Sears employees under the bus by saying “we will not address bankruptcy laws” and therefore allowing the management to get millions of dollars in bonuses while the workers lost their paycheques. That clearly showed where his interests lay – with corporations and no people.
After the testimony of Jody Wilson-Raybould I would be amazed if anyone actually doubted her side of the story. I watched several hours of her being tested and I found it despicable how the Liberals tried to intimidate her and besmirch her. I was pleased to hear (and of course realized that there was a political agenda to the comment) that the female Conservative who questioned her said she “completely believed her”. I was annoyed that the two rows of bottom headlines on CBC obliterated the names of the MPs speaking. The only person I recognized was Nathan Cullen but I don’t know if he actually got to question her (as I said while I watched about 2 hours I did not watch the whole thing; I have it taped so can watch more today).
Jody Wilson-Raybould came across as someone with an incredibly high degree of integrity (which has been much touted over these past few months) as well as extremely intelligent. I got that sense that her staff were very loyal to her and respected her. She is not someone you can bully and our Prime Minister has learned that to his detriment. Trudeau did not come out of this smelling like a rose but rather a skunk. I have absolutely no doubt that he attempted to have the Attorney General interfere in the SNC Lavalin affair and when he didn’t get what he wanted he pushed her out of the AG position and tried to put in someone who would do his bidding.
This reeks on so many levels but the bottom line proves once again that the Liberal and Conservative parties owe corporations big time for their political donations and it is perhaps time that an evaluation be made as to how much money a corporation can spend in donations to political parties. I am thankful that the NDP is completely funded by personal donations only; they have long ago severed any ties with unions so don’t go there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment