Saturday, March 2, 2019

Winter Reprieve


We have been promised a reprieve of this bitterly cold weather. Not only am I grateful but so are my Henriettas. I am really worried as to whether my bees will survive this hideous cold snap. We wrapped them up in the winter tarps but I really am worried and it appears that I am not the only one since I saw a little “headline” scrolling on one of the news channels.
Which puts me in mind of something else I want to call a “pet peeve”. Is it only me or do you find yourself increasingly annoyed that the news changes has not one but two lines of scrolling news while they “talk” (babble would be more like it) of a third item? And on the morning news (all 3 channels) they have an additional sidebar that scrolls the weather and inside that (yes there is more to cause adult ADHD syndrome – or worse, cause a person to go insane) they have a flipping commercial!
I will be so glad when I can get out into the garden and not be forced into watching so much television, the majority of which is news!

No comments:

Post a Comment