Friday, May 17, 2019

Abortion


Today I saw Dr. David Eisenberg on Amanpour & Co. and he spoke about woman’s right to control her body in the most articulate way I have ever, ever heard. What an impressive and articulate man. The discussion was spurred by the increasing number of states who are passing onerous anti-abortion laws something that completely baffles me. Why are these laws being passed now after nearly 50 years since abortion has been legalized all over the western world? What primitive mentality has crept back into man’s brain so that he desires to go back to the cave where he can clout the woman on the head?
What baffles me even more are the women who are of the same anti Pro-Choice option. I do not understand their desire to push their own personal / Christian views on to another person.
And that last word is the crux of the whole discussion I believe. Women still have to fight to be recognized as a PERSON. We are not appendages of men, we are individuals who ought to have equal rights in every conceivable aspect of rights under the law.
I have never felt anything less than equal to my brothers, father or any other man and that is thanks to my father telling me at the tender age of 7 that I was equal in brains and ability to any boy (and future man). My potential and horizons were limitless and that is how I have always lived my life regardless of whether I actually achieved my ambitions or not. It will be a cold day in hell before any man can tell me no and get away with it. Not now, not ever.
I would like every woman on earth to have the same unshakeable belief in herself. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment