Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Being in the Moment

Too often I tend to think about the future and so I forget about the immediate.  I forget about being present and taking full advantage of what is happening now.  Case in point, when I come home from work I still gravitate towards my unwinding in front of the television instead of embracing my mother and telling her about my day.  So much has gone on during the day and with the drive, I need to unwind.  However, I should be living in the moment and unwinding at bedtime and during waking hours I should be enjoying my mother.
      This is just an illustration of what we all tend to do with our lives.  We forget to enjoy the living life and instead worry about what is coming next.  Slow down, smell the roses.  How many times do I say that to the drivers whizzing by me on a Saturday morning?  But during the weekday I am just as wrong as everyone else that I point fingers at.  How about you?  Are you paying attention to the moment?
      It’s the night before my post, and I am cutting this short so I can be in the moment.
       Think about the tempo in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment