Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Making Positive

As I was saying yesterday, looking for something positive can be a bit of a challenge but I am purposefully going out there seeking it.  Yesterday I had my first “back to the C-train” experience which took an unexpected turn as I arrived at the parking station.  I thought “oh my, it is empty; then oh my, why are all the cars lined up over there; then what the heck does that sign say?”  All in about 10 seconds.
       You guessed it, city transit had initiated Reserved parking in the lot which had previously been an unreserved lot.  Naturally I hadn’t heard anything about it because I had been driving for over a year!  So I stepped out of the car and walked around the lot until I had assured myself that I was in a safe zone.  I hoped.  All day long I kept harking back to the parking lot and hoping that my car would be there when I got back down to the lot at 4:30.  Thankfully it was there.
       Okay, a mundane little story.  But as I was sitting on the train thinking about it and wondering what I would do if it had indeed been towed away I prayed several times “please God, let it be there” and then I said to myself “and most of the time when I pray to God and he answers positive I say thank you so remember to say thank you ”.  Which I did.  The point being that I had to be mindful not just of the asking, but of the thanking. 
Our minds are interesting little hamsters that run around on the wheels of the cage and frequently they can become unhinged in an unhealthy sort of way.  We become self absorbed, good things happen to us and yet we simply dwell on the crappy part of life.  We may have been taught that talking about the bad things in life is what make us interesting.  Certainly we are exposed to enough of that via our news media.  But in your own analysis, who are the people that you usually gravitate towards?  Are they the ones that make you laugh or are they the ones who encourage you to crab on about your lousy job, your useless husband or your horrid mother-in-law?  Likely you have a lot more fun with the ones who make you laugh.
So take a page out of your own book of fun and become the funny one in your circle of friends.  Wear orange to work tomorrow and bring the sunshine into your colleagues lives.  We don’t have to be 60 and in the Red Hatter club to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment