Sunday, November 25, 2012

A midwife in the family

At 10:00 p.m. on November 22nd my sister got called to her son’s home to take care of her young grandson as her daughter-in-law was going into labour.  By the time Jeanette made it to the home the baby was on his way and my sister was up to the challenge.  With great presence of mind she asked her son to call the ambulance while she assisted Audrey in laying down. Within minutes our little Chester was born, mother was doing well and it only remained for Jeanette to go down to the street to let the paramedics in.  She made the comment that watching TLC certainly paid off.
       It’s taken several days for my sister to come out of the clouds but always her sense of humour remained strong.  The morning after the delivery she told the tale to her various colleagues and then she felt the need to tell the tale to those who missed the first telling.  By way of excusing herself she said “Sorry, but I have to make my rounds”, without even realizing what she had said she was on her way.
       Chatting with me she was still quite thrilled but she admitted ‘birthing a baby was never on my bucket list” which made me laugh.  She certainly handled the situation much better than I would have done as I most certainly would have been faint on the floor.  Emergency situations are definitely not my forte. 
       We are very happy to have our new boy enter our family with such a grand entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment