Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Second Anniversary of Sanne's Grain of Salt

Here we are two years after the real start of this blog and what have I learned?  First and foremost, that writing a daily blog is a HUGE commitment.  To write with consistent quality and interest is a full time job so needless to say the writing has been erratic in the extreme.  The flip side is that blogging gives me an avenue to express my opinions on a world stage, be that world ever so small.  Family anecdotes and celebrity stories are more popular than political ravings.  Musings on the meaning of life also elicit more comments than worrying about health or safety. 
But where do the stories come from on a daily basis?  When you don’t lead an exciting life it’s hard to discover new topics every day.  There are stories in the paper that invite comments but how often can I question the sanity of humanity?  There is always the danger of blogging becoming journaling and I’ve had a few of those moments.  At the end of the day though I just write what’s in this mature woman’s mind and let the chips fall where they may.
More than ever I’ve learned to appreciate columnists, journalists, and authors for their stick-with-it-ness.  Not only are they searching for stories to write, they then have to write them, and then they have to send them out into the world and wonder if they are being read and appreciated.  Occasionally they are read and then one must endure the criticism that may pop up.  It’s a daunting profession.
I’ve survived two years and I hope I’m up to the challenge of going into the third year.  Come along for the ride and I will make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment