Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy Friday's Here Again

Let’s end the week on a happy note after my long tirade against social and economic injustice.  I’m currently watching some spectacular streaks made by 2 jets, which look like a monochrome rainbow.  Just the right vision to get me in the mood for an artistic story.
       So here I am,  a middle aged woman, struggling to get into my clothes.  What happened to simply throwing things on, brushing my hair and walking out of the house in ship shape?  From the inside out, it is now a struggle.  Forget panties, there’s this thing called Spanx which operates on the same concept as corsets forcing one’s body into a shape it long ago gave up.  Next layer, pantyhose.  Since when was it a struggle to put on hose?  I used to be able to do it standing up.  Now it is a nightmare to do it sitting down.  Yesterday i nearly popped my eyeball out while I was in a contortionist’s state.  Oh, I almost forgot the bra stage in the underwear process.  On second thought, let’s put the Victorian curtain over that particular hell before I begin contemplating suicide again. 
       Now we are at the stage of actual clothes and I will skip over the painful selection process of what will look good on me.  I’m putting on the dress, stepping into it like models supposedly do.  There’s a tug at the hips, this morning it’s a slight tug due to the Spanx which is pleasing but now I have to zip it up.  Once upon a time my arms were like that of a monkey and it was no problem to reach around back and zip it up!  Now it is done in stages, with a twist here and a jerk there and at the end of the zip I make a mental note to call the chiropractor for another appointment since my back is now out of whack.
       By the time I am dressed the sweat is pouring out of my face and I have yet to deal with the hair.  The makeup had already put on prior to the dressing up process but now it is dripping away or running down my neck.  The hair which was somewhat arranged is now a wet mop.  No handkerchief for me, I take a towel and start dabbing away at the face, but who can be dainty with a towel.  Before I  realize what I am doing I am scrubbing away and have to start all over again.  The second bell has long ago stopped ringing and I am late.
       So much for Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment