Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Little Cherie

Over the last couple of days I have noticed my cat Cherie has not been active, he’s been hiding in corners and essentially not being himself.  This morning he let out several big meows and since he is the non-verbal cat I knew there was something very wrong.  A call and a drive to the vet’s confirmed my fears, Urinary Tract Infection.  As I left my little fellow with the doctor I found myself covered with nearly as much fur as my baby boy, which indicates that Cherie is much more stressed than I am.  I’ve been busy writing all morning but every once in a while I stop and think “what’s the little guy doing now” or “what is he thinking, have I abandoned him again”?
       This little boy was supposed to go to a home 8 weeks after he was born but one night with the scary Michelle and her psycho cat brought him back to me.  The morning Michelle handed him back to me his eyes were round and frightened but when he saw me his little paws stretched out and he meowed “Mama” in desperation.  He clung to me for the rest of the day and since then he has been my baby.  I have felt dreadful putting him through that trauma (believe me, I am not exaggerating) and since he’s never been away from home in the last 9 years this is a scary time for the little fellow.
       Poor little guy, I hope the operation goes well and he will be home with me tomorrow night.
My boy's best side.

No comments:

Post a Comment