Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Dream Machine



I think this was the title of a Jacqueline Suzann novel but I’m not sure if it had to do with Hollywood stardom or if it was about sleeping pills. What I would like to invent is a little microchip that can be imbedded in your brain so it can pick up the waves as you dream. Then you can put it into a computer and it will visualize your dream as a movie so people can see what you are trying to explain to them aobut your, oh so fascinating, dream! Yes, I had another dream of which I remember nothing except that it was disturbing! The gist will probably come to me in the course of the morning because it always seems to do so.


How many things have you invented in your mind? Naturally I have no idea how to make a micro chip but the concept is an invention, isn’t it? Isn’t that the whole premise for those gentlemen’s lawsuit against the Facebook nerd? I found that movie rather disturbing, “The Social Network”. Jesse Eisenberg played the character Mark Zuckerberg so well that I have a serious aversion to the poor guy in other movies. I made a colleague crazy because I couldn’t stand Fred McMurray after seeing him in “The Caine Mutiny” even though I had loved him as the father on My Three Sons for years. He played such a jerk so well that I couldn’t get over it.


An idea is not patent-able and as I have no idea how to make a microchip I put my idea out to someone who may make millions on it. After all, we all have some very entertaining dreams, don’t we? I can see it now “Come See Madonna’s Latest Fantasy” or perhaps “See Justin Beiber’s Latest Wet Dream” (that one would sell like hotcakes for sure!) It’s all about exploitation, right?


I invented the PVR when I was about 9 years old. When I was being forced to go shopping just as the Barbie commercials were coming on I would wish I could press a button on the TV so that when I got home I could press it again and “Beanie and Cecil” would come right back on. So it took nearly 50 years to create but the concept was at least that old. I’m sure there were others with the same notion but I’ve never heard anyone say so. Me, I’m not so shy about that kind of stuff.


And the other day when I wrote about Apps and hoping there would be one for work . . . well, now my company has an App! It won’t be long before I can App my work from my own toilet. Now isn’t that a great visual to end this blog? You are saying, yes, please stop. NOW.


painting by Anne Just (Danish artist)


No comments:

Post a Comment