Thursday, September 1, 2011

September



So here we are, the first step towards autumn with the Labour Day weekend coming up in another day – and I’m not ready. It’s like the little child dragging her footsteps across the bedroom floor while Mother stands in the doorway tapping her foot. You know something bad is about to happen and you just want to delay the scolding as much as possible. That’s what the last days of August are like and the first days of September. Eventually we get accustomed to the chill in the air but even now I am resentful of the dark mornings, the nip, the browning of the lawns, leaves falling on the ground. Last night I noticed that it was dark before 9.


But, and there is always a bright side, isn’t there? But, autumn does bring the rewards of the harvest, I have a really fruitful apple tree this year. I’ve had a bumper crop of gooseberries and raspberries and my flower garden has rarely been better. I’ve got the outlines of a fall agenda in the works and I’ve reloaded the batteries on the laptop to get the writing program underway again. I’ve already made strides into the cleaning phase for the traditional Labour Day weekend and the cupboards look tidy.


September is a starting over time, even though it is no longer “school time” for us adults most of us feel like we have been on vacation and can start a new page, whether it be diet, exercise, attitude, any regime at all, now is the day! And while I am doing the old “rah rah” let me just say that I want to send out positive waves of luck to all those students heading back to school. I hope you have a fabulous year; learn lots and prosper! Carpe diem.






No comments:

Post a Comment